Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 365
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine chicken, chicken broth, diced tomatoes with their juices, jicama, onion, corn, peas, celery, squash, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large pot or Dutch oven. Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes. Adjust spices to personal taste if needed.
- Add sour cream to the soup and continue simmering until heated through, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use up to 3 pounds chicken (preferably thighs). Leftover chicken is perfect.
- While the jicama offers an especially delightfully crisp texture, diced potatoes can be used as a substitute.
- Substitute heavy cream for the sour cream if desired.
- To thicken, thoroughly mix 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 1/2 cup cold water and very gradually add to the stew until desired thickness is achieved. Continue cooking for at least another minute.
Per Serving: 365 calories; 17.9 17.9 32.3 118 1069 Full nutrition