Vietnamese Kabocha Squash Soup
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 411
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Dice 4 of the shiitakes and halve 8 of them. Soak in hot water for 30 minutes to rehydrate. Meanwhile, soak noodles in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Arrange kabocha squash on a baking pan. Add some water to the pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain noodles and chop into small pieces. Mix noodles, diced shiitakes, turkey, fish sauce, and white pepper thoroughly using a fork. Mixing thoroughly will make the meatballs chewy and delicious.
- Bring water and chicken stock to a boil in a large stockpot. Shape turkey mixture into egg-shaped balls, or quenelles, using 2 hot, wet spoons. Drop meatballs into the boiling broth. Cook until they float, 10 to 30 seconds.
- Peel skin off the squash if desired. Dice into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Drop into the soup with the halved shiitakes and shrimp. Cook until shrimp is opaque, about 5 minutes more.
- Taste and add more fish sauce if desired. Top with scallions, cilantro, and black pepper.
Per Serving: 411 calories; 5.5 69.7 25.7 128 561 Full nutrition