Fried Bottle Squash
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 392
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl. Dip squash slices into a bowl of water; coat with the flour mixture.
- Drop a small amount of flour into the oil; if it sizzles, it is ready. Carefully lower some squash slices into the side of the pan furthest from you. Fry until light brown on both sides, flipping halfway, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Cook's Note:
- Some of the flour will come off when you place the slices in the oil. For best results, carefully strain the oil through a wire mesh into a second frying pan to keep the oil clean.
- Editor's Notes:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of breading ingredients. The actual amount of breading consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 392 calories; 8.2 69.3 9.6 0 3494 Full nutrition