Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 441
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Combine egg yolk, soy sauce, rice wine, cornstarch, salt, and Sichuan peppercorns in a bowl to make the marinade. Add pork; marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix vinegar, water, sugar, tomato paste, soy sauce, and cornstarch together to make the seasoning sauce.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Roll the marinated pork in cornstarch until each piece is well covered. Deep-fry pork for 2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir-fry green peppers and scallions for 30 seconds. Add lychees and pour in the seasoning sauce. Stir well until sauce thickens. Leave over very low heat.
- Reheat the deep-frying oil. Re-fry pork until crisp, about 30 seconds. Drain and place on a warm plate. Pour the seasoning sauce on top. Sprinkle with sesame oil and serve at once.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use any lean pork you prefer.
- Editor's Notes:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 441 calories; 24.2 40.9 15.9 142 674 Full nutrition