Meatless Eggplant Lasagna
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 385
Original recipe yields 9 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat 2 baking sheets and a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir together 2 eggs and water in a shallow dish. Combine panko and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in a second shallow dish. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture and dredge in panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere and shaking off excess. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, turning once and rotating baking sheets after 15 minutes, about 30 minutes total.
- Combine ricotta cheese, basil, 1 egg, Parmigiano-Reggiano, garlic, red pepper, and salt in a bowl to make filling.
- Spoon 1/2 cup marinara sauce into the prepared baking dish. Layer 1/2 the eggplant slices over sauce and sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Top with 3/4 cup marinara sauce. Spread 1/2 the ricotta mixture on top; add 1/2 the yellow and green bell peppers and top with 1/3 the mozzarella cheese and 1/4 the Fontina cheese. Repeat layers, ending with 1 cup marinara sauce. Cover tightly with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil; top with remaining mozzarella cheese and Fontina cheese. Continue baking until sauce is bubbly and cheese melts, about 10 minutes more. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute Gouda for the Fontina cheese.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 17.5 39.9 24 112 954 Full nutrition