Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 284
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix water, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, lemon juice, sage, and bacon salt together to make the marinade. Place tempeh in marinade; refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper. Place squash cut-side down on a baking sheet; spread pecans over the other.
- Bake pecans in the preheated oven until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Bake squash until tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon vegan butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tempeh and marinade, kale, mushrooms, garlic, fennel seeds, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook until water has evaporated and tempeh and kale are crispy and browned, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and more bacon salt if needed.
- Dollop remaining vegan butter into each cooked squash half. Stuff with the tempeh mixture and top with pecans.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute tamari for soy sauce for a gluten-free version.
- Substitute agave nectar for the maple syrup if desired.
Per Serving: 284 calories; 12.9 36.6 12.5 0 587 Full nutrition