Vegan Spring Rolls
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 46
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cabbage, carrots, and broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 6 minutes.
- While vegetables are steaming, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes more. Mix steamed vegetables into the skillet; add spinach, aminos, and hoisin sauce. Cook filling until spinach is limp, about 1 minute.
- Fill a bowl the size of a rice paper sheet halfway with water. Soak 1 sheet at a time until just softened. Place rice paper sheet on a clean work surface. Spoon 2 to 4 tablespoons of filling onto the middle of the sheet and roll the bottom up half-way. Fold sides in, burrito-style, and continue rolling up snug. Place filled roll on a plate. Repeat with remaining rice paper sheets and filling. Set rolls in the refrigerator for 5 minutes; flip over and refrigerate until dry, about 5 minutes more.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry rolls on each side, turning periodically to prevent over-browning, until the rolls are a delicate golden color all over, 3 to 5 minutes. Place fried rolls on a baking sheet in the oven to keep hot until ready to serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use frozen lumpia wrappers in place of the rice paper wrappers, if you prefer.
- When frying, remember, you are not deep frying them (though you can in a fryer, if you wish), and the filling is already cooked, so you need not worry about cooking through.
- Preparation time may vary if you have a food processor to speed up preparing the vegetables.
Per Serving: 46 calories; 2.5 5.8 1.8 < 1 263 Full nutrition