Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 282
- Mix salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper in a bowl. Cut chicken into 3- to 4-inch pieces and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Sprinkle the salt mixture over the chicken in the bag. Seal the bag and shake to completely coat the chicken.
- Pour water into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Place the wire rack into the pot. Arrange chicken on the rack. Close and lock the lid. Select Meat/Poultry function; set timer for 50 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl. Shred using 2 forks. Add 1/2 cup of liquid from the pot and liquid smoke; mix well. Serve on buns and top with barbeque sauce.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of sauce ingredients. The actual amount of sauce consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 282 calories; 5.1 31.2 25.8 59 953 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I haven't made this yet, but I just wanted to add to the method. I cook 16 to 18 breasts at once in my Instant Pot. Afterwards, I use a hand mixer to shred the chicken. Usually takes me about...
This dish was okay, personally, I would give it 3 stars (hubs & 1 kid gave it 4 stars). It was lacking and missing something flavor wise, maybe the addition of a pickled slaw or fried onions w...
Turned out beautifully! One major change is that my Instant Pot recommends cooking chicken breast on the high pressure cooker setting for 6-8 minutes. So I only set the timer for 8 minutes but ...