Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 282
- Mix salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper in a bowl. Cut chicken into 3- to 4-inch pieces and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Sprinkle the salt mixture over the chicken in the bag. Seal the bag and shake to completely coat the chicken.
- Pour water into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Place the wire rack into the pot. Arrange chicken on the rack. Close and lock the lid. Select Meat/Poultry function; set timer for 50 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a bowl. Shred using 2 forks. Add 1/2 cup of liquid from the pot and liquid smoke; mix well. Serve on buns and top with barbeque sauce.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of sauce ingredients. The actual amount of sauce consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 282 calories; 5.1 31.2 25.8 59 953 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I haven't made this yet, but I just wanted to add to the method. I cook 16 to 18 breasts at once in my Instant Pot. Afterwards, I use a hand mixer to shred the chicken. Usually takes me about...
Turned out beautifully! One major change is that my Instant Pot recommends cooking chicken breast on the high pressure cooker setting for 6-8 minutes. So I only set the timer for 8 minutes but ...
This dish was okay, personally, I would give it 3 stars (hubs & 1 kid gave it 4 stars). It was lacking and missing something flavor wise, maybe the addition of a pickled slaw or fried onions w...
I used 4 lb. chicken, doubled the spices and manualy pressure cooked only 10 minutes. Was perfect at that cooking time.
My husband loved this! He said it was the best chicken I ever made. I doubled the recipe to use the whole package of chicken. The only addition was 1/2 cup bbq sauce just because I was needed t...
Wow, this was the best pulled chicken I've ever tasted. I made 12 pounds of a mixture of chicken breasts and thighs for a Team christmas lunch of about 25 people. The seasonings are just perfe...