Vegan Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 498
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place butternut squash in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until softened and easy to cut into, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Allow squash to cool until safe to handle. Peel, seed, and cut squash into chunks and place in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes. Mix in onion and celery; cook until browned and soft, 3 to 5 minutes more. Add tomato sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, and salt; cook until slightly thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add baked butternut squash to the pot with the tomato sauce. Mix well. Add coconut milk and fresh basil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring soup occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cut baguette in half diagonally. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons dried basil. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake baguette in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Fill blender halfway with soup. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour into a pot. Repeat with remaining soup. Return blended soup to the pot over medium heat; cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings. Serve with warm baguette.
- Cook's Note:
- I sit the coconut milk can in hot water for a few minutes before opening.
Per Serving: 498 calories; 27.7 60.4 10.1 0 758 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1