Spaghetti Squash au Gratin with Bechamel Sauce
made it | 0 reviews |
"This vegetarian spaghetti squash au gratin is sweetened with sweet potato and combined with homemade bechamel sauce. A treat for the whole family."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 345 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place spaghetti squash in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender when pricked with a fork, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and set aside until almost completely cooled. Cut in half and remove seeds using a spoon. Shred squash meat using a fork and discard the peel.
- Combine shredded spaghetti squash and sweet potato in a bowl. Press cloves into peeled onion.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until a pinch of flour sprinkled into the butter will just begin to bubble. Whisk in flour to form a thick paste the consistency of cake frosting. Pour in warm milk, 2 tablespoons at a time, and keep stirring until sauce thickens. Add onion and bay leaf, cover, and simmer over low heat, stirring from time to time to prevent burning, for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Remove onion and bay leaf from bechamel sauce and and season sauce with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over spaghetti squash-sweet potato mixture and mix well. Transfer spaghetti squash mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes.
Per Serving: 345 calories; 15.6 g fat; 46.8 g carbohydrates; 8.4 g protein; 40 mg cholesterol; 242 mg sodium. Full nutrition