Easy Swiss Meringue Buttercream
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 84
Original recipe yields 48 servings (3 cups)
- Heat 1/3 cup sugar and water over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and syrup just starts to bubble. Remove from heat.
- Pour egg whites into a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until foamy. Add cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Beat in 2 tablespoons sugar. Increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form.
- While the egg whites are beating, return the syrup to high heat. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the syrup reads 248 degrees F (120 degrees C). Pour syrup carefully into the stiff egg whites, with the mixer running on low. Increase speed and beat until meringue is thick and shiny and the bowl is cool to the touch.
- Beat butter and confectioners' sugar in a separate bowl until smooth. Beat in meringue until thoroughly mixed. Add almond extract.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute 1 teaspoon extract of your choice for the almond extract, or use 1/4 teaspoon flavoring oil instead.
Per Serving: 84 calories; 7.7 3.9 0.2 20 3 Full nutrition