Old-Fashioned Brown Sugar Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 400 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 tube cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a fluted tube pan.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir vanilla extract and almond extract into buttermilk. Add flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to the creamed butter mixture, beating well between additions.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute margarine for the butter if desired.
Per Serving: 400 calories; 17 g fat; 57.6 g carbohydrates; 5.1 g protein; 88 mg cholesterol; 361 mg sodium. Full nutrition