Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 239
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Combine water and yeast in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup flour and 1/2 tablespoon salt. Stir using a wooden spoon until combined. Stir in olives, reserved herbs and garlic, and garlic powder. Add remaining flour 1 cup at a time, stirring until thoroughly combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set in a warm spot to rise for 1 hour.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to an 8-inch cast iron skillet and spread to coat bottom and sides. Flour your hands. Remove plastic wrap from bowl and transfer dough to the prepared skillet and shape into a disc. Cover with a kitchen towel and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Drizzle remaining oil on top of the loaf and sprinkle with salt and parsley. Score the top of the loaf with a knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is nicely browned, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven and turn on to a wire rack to cool before serving, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- The olives sit in a liquid with garlic and herbs; when draining, please try to reserve as much of the herbs and garlic as possible. Alternatively, you can add in your own garlic and freeze-dried basil.
- If you do not have an iron skillet, you can use a stoneware baking dish.
- It is important to remove bread from the pan as soon as it comes out of the oven, because bread left in the pan will get moist and soggy.
Per Serving: 239 calories; 4.8 41.8 5.9 0 774 Full nutrition