Red Raspberry Jam with Lemongrass
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"If you like your raspberry jam seedless, you need more berries. You can also strain only half of the raspberries to remove some of the seeds."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 65
Original recipe yields 56 servings (7 half-pint jars)
- Inspect 7 half-pint jars for cracks and rings for rust; discard any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until jam is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Place berries in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium heat until they release their juice. Press all or half of the berries through fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds, if desired. Measure exactly 5 cups raspberry pulp and return to the empty pot.
- Add lemongrass and pectin to the pot with the raspberries. Slowly bring mixture to a full rolling boil. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Return to a full rolling boil on high heat and boil for exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Skim off any foam with a ladle or a large spoon. Remove the lemongrass.
- Pack raspberry jam into the prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any spills. Top with lids and tightly screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart. Let rest for 24 hours without moving the jars. Gently press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you are straining the raspberries to remove the seeds, you need 5 pints of ripe raspberries.
Per Serving: 65 calories; 0.1 16.5 0.2 0 < 1 Full nutrition