Grain-Free Butter Bread
Ingredients1 h servings 241
- Separate eggs. Crack each egg into your hand and let the whites run into a bowl. Place yolks in a second bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Place almond flour in a food processor. Add salt, baking powder, and egg yolks. Pour in melted butter. Pulse, scraping down the sides once or twice, until mixture comes together.
- Sprinkle cream of tartar into the egg whites. Whisk until soft peaks form. Transfer about 1/3 of the mixture into the food processor. Pulse on and off, scraping mixture down with a spatula as needed, until well blended. Scrape mixture into the bowl with the egg whites. Fold together until well combined but still airy. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Run a thin knife along the edge bread and let rest for 10 minutes. Turn bread out onto a wire rack and cool to room temperature before slicing.
- Chef's Note:
- Will it toast? Yes! Even better, top the bread with sliced strawberries. To run with this strawberry shortcake idea, you could add a spoon of sugar to the batter, and you'd just be some whipped cream away from a pretty decent, low-carb treat.
Per Serving: 241 calories; 21 5.6 9.7 155 506 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Great recipe! Tastes wonderful, and has a nice crumb, tender crust. I used extra fine blanched almond flour. I made the mistake of getting some egg yolk in the whites and had to start that aga...
I would suggest a little less salt, and perhaps adding a little sugar. other wise its perfect.
This was easy to make and came out great. It was very tasty and a simple to make at home alternative to traditional bread.