Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 31
Original recipe yields 90 servings (5 half-pint jars )
- Inspect 5 half-pint jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until jam is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Mix peaches with lemon juice in a large pot immediately after chopping to prevent peaches from turning brown. Place pot over medium heat.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the sugar with pectin and add it to the pot with the peaches. Stir well. Slowly bring to a full rolling boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred. Add the remaining sugar and stir well, scraping the bottom of the pot, to fully dissolve the sugar. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in amaretto liqueur.
- Ladle peach jam immediately into the prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any spills. Top with lids and tightly screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart. Let rest for 24 hours without moving the jars. Gently press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
Per Serving: 31 calories; 0 7.5 0 0 < 1 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1