Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 d 8 h 55 m servings 70
Original recipe yields 40 servings (5 half-pint jars)
- Place peaches in a glass or plastic container with a lid and immediately mix with lemon juice to prevent browning. Stir in sugar and ginger. Cover and marinate in a cool place, 8 hours to overnight.
- Inspect 5 half-pint jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until jam is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Transfer peaches and all accumulated liquid to a large pot. Stir in pectin and slowly bring mixture to a full rolling boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in amaretto liqueur, adding more to taste.
- Ladle peach jam into the prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any spills. Top with lids and tightly screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart. Let rest for 24 hours without moving. Gently press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
Per Serving: 70 calories; 0 17 0 0 13 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1