Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 264 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 1/4 pounds flank steak)
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Saute steak, working in batches, until brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat avocado oil in the pot. Saute mushrooms and onion until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in wine; cook and stir until almost evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the beef to the broth mixture and turn to coat. Select the Meat option according to manufacturer's instructions. Close and lock the lid; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, at least 20 minutes. Remove the beef and set aside. Stir water and flour together to make a slurry. Select the Saute option and add the slurry slowly. Cook until liquid thickens, 3 to 5 minutes. Pull the beef apart using 2 forks. Stir beef back into the liquid.
- Cook's Notes:
- Any tough, lean cut of beef will work.
- Substitute olive oil for the avocado oil if desired.
Per Serving: 264 calories; 13 g fat; 11.3 g carbohydrates; 21.5 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 831 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1