Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 533
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Slice potatoes carefully through a long side, almost to the bottom but not through, to create even, fan-like cuts.
- Pull slices apart gently and sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper. Place onion and butter slices between potato slices. Wrap each potato in heavy-duty aluminum foil and seal well.
- Bake on the preheated grill until soft, turning occasionally, about 1 hour. Remove from grill and let sit 10 minutes before unwrapping.
- Cook's Note:
- Serve with more butter and sour cream, if desired.
Per Serving: 533 calories; 23.5 75.1 8.9 61 229 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
First bite in and my husband said, "Now this is the way to eat a baked potato". These turned out really good. The directions are a bit confusing when it comes to cutting the potato. "Through a l...
I made these on the grill according to the recipe. They were good and not too difficult to make. Be careful when slicing that you don't cut so far as to make the break apart while cooking. I use...
I have been doing this for years. Only thing is, I just use a whole potato not sliced and I use diced shallots instead of the onion used here. and minced garlic along with salt and pepper and th...
When I made it, very little of the butter stayed in the potato. I think if the potato was sliced only across the top, the butter might have stayed in better. The onions didn't look caramelized...