Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 260
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Put the cream cheese and milk in a small bowl and heat it in the microwave for 45 seconds until warm. Add the garlic powder, paprika, and crushed red pepper and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Put the 10 Grains & Seeds Bread into a food processor and pulse into crumbs. Pile the crumbs on a plate and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a shallow dish and beat. Put the rice flour on its own plate.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Fill a large skillet with 1/4 inch vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. The oil is hot enough to cook the tomatoes when a bread crumb is dropped into it and immediately floats to the surface with rapid bubbles (approximately 370 degrees F).
- Coat both sides of a slice of tomato in the rice flour. Dip both sides of the same slice into the egg and then dredge in breadcrumbs, coating both sides. Immediately put into the hot oil. Repeat with another tomato slice.
- Fill the skillet with tomatoes but do not overcrowd. Cook each tomato slice for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Set the cooked tomatoes on a rack to cool.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on the top of 1 tomato slice and sandwich with another. Add another layer of cream cheese mixture and top with another tomato slice, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.
Per Serving: 260 calories; 13.8 27.4 6.6 78 178 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I'm always looking for great Gluten free recipes as my mom has celiac..but I want the food to taste great for those of us who do like gluten too. This was perfect and a good use for the green t...