Vegan Seitan Curry with Rice
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 547 cals
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 serving)
- Soak basmati rice in 1/2 cup cold water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Combine zucchini and onion in a pot of water, bring to a boil, and boil for about 20 minutes. Drain. Place in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour pureed zucchini mixture into a pot over medium heat. Add seitan, coconut oil, cumin, coriander, curry powder, salt, turmeric, pepper, and garlic powder. Simmer until sauce is thick, adding a tablespoon of water from time to time to prevent burning, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 2/3 cup water and soaked rice in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and water has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve seitan with hot rice.
Per Serving: 547 calories; 10.8 g fat; 80.8 g carbohydrates; 36.3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 1600 mg sodium. Full nutrition