Vegan Stuffed Peppers with Rice
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 295
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add bell peppers and cook until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and sprinkle insides with salt. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Combine vegan ground beef, onion, diced tomatoes, 2/3 cup broth, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, and salt in a large skillet over medium-high heat and bring to a high simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all but 1/3 cup of liquid has steamed off or been absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine water, 1 cup broth, and Spanish rice package in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 8 minutes. Add black beans and corn; stir to combine. Add "ground beef" mixture with enough liquid to keep rice stuffing moist. Mix in nutritional yeast and stir until well combined.
- Drain any excess water from peppers. Stuff with rice mixture using a spoon, packing filling down tightly. Place stuffed peppers in the prepared baking pan and spoon extra rice mixture around them. Pour tomato sauce over peppers and rice. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. Let peppers sit for 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
Per Serving: 295 calories; 2.6 51.8 19.2 0 1116 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1