Umma's Kimchi Jigeh
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is kimchi jigeh, Korea's traditional of all traditional dishes. Below is the hands-down, best kimchi jigeh recipe of all times. I know this because it's my grandma's that was handed down to my mom. Serve with white rice, brown rice, noodles, or whatever. I sometimes dig right in and just enjoy the pure goodness of this spicy, tangy, hot pot stew by itself. It's Umma's Original Kimchi Jigeh. Hope you like it."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 221
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add oil, garlic, and ginger. Cook and stir until garlic is soft, about 1 minute. Add pork; season with black pepper and salt. Stir-fry until pork is crisp and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add kimchi and onion; stir-fry until onion is soft, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Add kochu jang and dashida to the vegetables in the saucepan. Pour in enough water to cover all ingredients and bring to a boil. Add green pepper and 1/4 cup reserved kimchi juice. Cover pot, educe heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tofu and simmer 10 minutes more. Add scallions and stir to combine.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Taste before adding more salt. Kimchi will have enough salt for most people.
- Rice cakes (1-inch, tube-shaped cakes, not the flat ovals) are an optional ingredient. If using, soak the cakes in water for 30 minutes. Drain and let dry. Heat oil in a skillet and fry rice cakes for 1 minute. Add cooked rice cakes to the saucepan when adding kochu jang.
Per Serving: 221 calories; 11.1 13.7 19.5 27 1101 Full nutrition