Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 45 m servings 248
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place mung beans in a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let soak for 4 hours. Drain.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add the drained mung beans. Cook until almost tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir cabbage and salt into the pot. Let stand until cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the cabbage mixture in a colander and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Test heat by adding 1 mustard seed; oil is hot enough if the seed splutters. Add remaining mustard seeds, curry leaves, garlic, cumin seeds, and asafoetida. Cook for 1 minute.
- Squeeze out excess moisture from the cabbage; add in small amounts to the skillet, stirring well between additions. Stir-fry cabbage mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt, turmeric, and chile powder. Reduce heat to low; stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes more. Garnish with coconut and cilantro.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Split chickpeas can be substituted for the mung beans, if desired.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 12.1 28.5 9.1 0 91 Full nutrition