Pina Colada Steel-Cut Oats
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 571
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Pour pineapple juice from both cans into a measuring cup. Add enough water to equal 3 cups.
- Bring pineapple juice-water mixture, coconut milk, and milk to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; add steel-cut oats and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 20 minutes. Add more water if oats look dry.
- Add pineapple chunks, coconut, brown sugar, flax seeds, vanilla extract, and ginger to the oats. Cook until brown sugar dissolves and pineapple is heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- I used whole cow's milk, but you can substitute the milk of your choice.
- Brown sugar can be omitted or replaced with coconut sugar, white sugar, or the sweetener of your choice.
Per Serving: 571 calories; 31.5 67.3 10.2 4 64 Full nutrition