Sabudana Khichdi (Tapioca with Potatoes and Peanuts)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 45 m servings 515 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Rinse tapioca in a large container. Drain. Cover and let stand, 8 hours to overnight.
- Rinse tapioca again before starting to cook. Drain, cover, and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds; cook until dark, about 30 seconds. Add potatoes, 3/4 cup peanuts, green chile peppers, and curry leaves. Season with salt. Saute until flavors combine, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add sugar to the potato mixture; mix well. Add tapioca and remaining 1/4 cup peanuts. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until tapioca looks transparent, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Mix well. Add a bit more salt if desired. Serve hot.
- Cook's Notes:
- The recipe is very forgiving. You can change the number of potatoes or peanuts based on your preference.
- Fresh curry leaves can be found in an Indian store.
Per Serving: 515 calories; 17 g fat; 84.4 g carbohydrates; 10.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 41 mg sodium. Full nutrition