Ingredients5 h 35 m servings 144
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until just starting to simmer. Remove from heat. Cool simple syrup down to room temperature while preparing the other ingredients.
- Slice celery into small pieces; transfer to a blender. Add salt, lime juice, and the cooled simple syrup. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a strainer set over the saucepan you used for the syrup. Press mixture through the strainer using a spoon until all the juice has been extracted. Cover and chill juice until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions, about 20 minutes. Cover sorbet with plastic wrap, place a plate over the bowl, and freeze until set, about 4 hours.
- Chef's Notes:
- You can substitute lemon juice for the lime if preferred.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can simply use the method highlighted in the strawberry granita video, which will produce something closer in texture to a snow cone, but will be amazing nonetheless.
Per Serving: 144 calories; 0.2 36.8 0.6 0 110 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Okay, good cooks and foodie people. This sorbet is probably for foodie tasters and viewers to determine the level of what you can handle on such shows that may be close to the thoughts of weird ...
Absolutely wonderful treat! I used honey instead of simple syrup and didn't strain the mixture. I just let it sit in the freezer for several hours by mixing the mixture every 30 minutes. I sur...
Surprisingly delicious although I would cut down the sugar by at least half.