Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Known as 'gnocchi alla sorrentina,' this classic Italian pasta dish that uses simple ingredients and tastes delicious. Use homemade or store-bought gnocchi."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 744
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add passata and salt; simmer over low heat while you prepare the gnocchi.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in the boiling water until they float to the top, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Pour 1 ladle of tomato sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Add gnocchi, remaining tomato sauce, and Parmesan cheese; toss to combine. Arrange cubes of mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
- Place baking dish in the oven and broil until mozzarella cheese is melted and sauce has slightly reduced, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with basil leaves before serving.
Per Serving: 744 calories; 39.6 73.2 30 88 1100 Full nutrition