Strawberry and Balsamic Homemade Gelato
made it | 0 reviews |
"Fresh strawberries and balsamic vinegar pair perfectly - even more so in this homemade Italian ice cream. I roast the strawberries in the oven for 30 minutes to release all their sweet juice."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 241 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone non-stick mat that is larger than the tray to prevent juice from spilling onto the tray.
- Combine strawberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and balsamic vinegar in a bowl; toss gently to coat. Transfer to the baking sheet, scraping down the bowl with a spatula to ensure all the liquid is included.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer cooled strawberries and all juice to the bowl of a food processor. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cream; mix until smooth.
- Pour strawberry mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions until it reaches the creamy texture of a gelato, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Note:
- If you do not eat all the gelato, transfer leftover gelato from the ice cream maker to a plastic container. Cover the top with a sheet of waxed paper, top with a lid, and store in freezer. Remove from the freezer up to 30 minutes before serving so it's a softer consistency to serve.
Per Serving: 241 calories; 11.4 g fat; 35.7 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 13 mg sodium. Full nutrition