Mexican Enchiladas Suizas
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 655 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Line a griddle or large frying pan with aluminum foil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add tomatillos, onion, chiles, and garlic. Grill until charred, 7 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally to cook evenly. Allow vegetables to cool slightly.
- Transfer grilled vegetables to a blender with water, cream and 1/2 cup Chihuahua cheese; blend until smooth. Season with chicken bouillon granules; add additional water to thin sauce, if necessary,
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a small drizzle of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas in hot oil for a few seconds, one by one, until soft but not crispy. Add more oil as needed. Place cooked tortillas on a baking sheet lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Pour 1/3 the sauce into a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Fill tortillas with equal amounts of shredded chicken, roll up, and arrange in a single layer over the sauce. Pour remaining sauce on top and cover with remaining 1 cup mild Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until melted, about 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 655 calories; 42.3 g fat; 49.7 g carbohydrates; 23.2 g protein; 144 mg cholesterol; 432 mg sodium. Full nutrition