Cauliflower Broccoli au Gratin
made it | 0 reviews |
"I make this recipe as-is when I am cooking for adults, but for kids, I leave the wine out and add more milk or cream, and my daughter loves it. It's a family favorite all around, and a great way to get children eating green vegetables."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 434 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a pot filled with lightly salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and broccoli and boil until vegetables are tender but firm to the bite, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until a pinch of flour sprinkled into the oil will just begin to bubble. Whisk in flour to form a thick paste and cook and stir, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in hot milk and continue cooking, whisking constantly, until you have a thick sauce with no lumps, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in wine and bring to a boil. Mix in Parmesan cheese and eggs. Season cheese sauce with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Remove from heat and mix sauce into the bowl with drained cauliflower and broccoli. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth out.
- Bake in the preheated oven until gratin is nicely browned on top, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 434 calories; 22.7 g fat; 31 g carbohydrates; 22 g protein; 149 mg cholesterol; 646 mg sodium. Full nutrition