Olive Oil Banana Bread with Almond Flour
"This moist banana bread will fit perfectly within your diet. A high-protein treat packed with amazing healthier fat and no added sugars. The dates enhance the sweetness of the bananas, while the olive oil gives it such a fruity flavor."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 443
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with hot water; soak until soft, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine ground almonds, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; stir until combined. Mash 5 bananas in a large bowl; add remaining cinnamon and nutmeg. Reserve remaining banana.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix olive oil into the bowl with the bananas using an electric mixer until fully incorporated. Beat in egg yolks one at a time. Add vanilla extract and continue whisking until combined.
- Check dates for softness. Drain and transfer to a food processor; pulse until a paste forms. Add paste to banana mixture until fully incorporated.
- Beat egg whites in a bowl until they form soft peaks. Fold into the bowl with the banana batter. Slice remaining banana into coins and fold in. Transfer batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes before removing from pan and slicing.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have a food processor, simply mash the dates together using either a wooden spoon or a masher.
Per Serving: 443 calories; 30.5 37.4 11.6 70 294 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1