Peppery Strawberry-Kiwi Jam
made it | 0 reviews |
"This is the perfect jam for the cheese platter. Adjust the amount of pepper in this recipe to your personal taste."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 29 cals
Original recipe yields 128 servings (8 half-pint jars)
- Inspect 8 half-pint jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until jam is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Crush strawberries and measure; you should have about 5 cups.
- Combine crushed strawberries and kiwi fruits in a large pot and slowly bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Stir in pectin and slowly bring mixture to a full rolling boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Return to a full rolling boil on high heat and boil for exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Skim off any foam with a ladle or a large spoon.
- Remove pot from heat. Stir in green peppercorns and mixed peppercorns.
- Ladle strawberry jam immediately into the prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any spills. Top with lids and tightly screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart. Let rest for 24 hours without moving the jars. Gently press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
Per Serving: 29 calories; 0 g fat; 7.4 g carbohydrates; 0.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 2 mg sodium. Full nutrition