Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 507 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Put beans in a medium saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and leave to soak for about 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine kohlrabi and beets in a bowl; toss with olive oil and salt. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast kohlrabi and beets in the preheated oven until still firm but not hard when poked with a fork, about 35 minutes. Turn once to avoid burning. Return to the bowl and refrigerate.
- Remove the shells from the softened fava beans using your fingernails. Discard any that can't be shelled. Return beans to the pot and cover with fresh water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cook until tender but not exploded, checking often, 30 to 45 minutes. Drain and add beans to the bowl with the kohlrabi and beets.
- Combine walnut oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chives, dill, salt, and pepper in a small jar with a lid and shake well. Coat the salad with the vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Kohlrabi greens are edible and can be used in another recipe. Be sure to remove the woody bottom from the kohlrabi.
- Use a mix of any fresh herbs you like. If using fresh rosemary in the vinaigrette, use the tiny leaves only and discard the stem.
Per Serving: 507 calories; 28.2 g fat; 53.6 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 397 mg sodium. Full nutrition