Salt and Pepper Grilled Chicken Wings
"I love to order salt and pepper squid at our local Chinese take-out restaurant. I thought the spice blend would be fantastic on grilled chicken wings. I order the Szechuan peppercorns online and roast them as I need them. Don't worry if there is more spice blend than you need, it keeps for quite some time in a sealed container and you'll find yourself sprinkling it on a variety of different things."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 115
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 pound of wings)
- Roast salt and peppercorns in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until salt starts to turn yellow and peppercorns become fragrant and begin to pop open, 5 to 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush chicken wings with peanut oil. Grill wings over indirect heat, turning occasionally, until juices run clear and an instant-read thermometer reads 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place the salt and pepper blend in a mortar and grind with a pestle until coarsely ground. Place the grilled chicken wings in a large bowl. Sprinkle in 2 teaspoons, or more depending on taste, of the spice blend; toss to coat.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of salt and pepper coating. The actual amount of coating consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 115 calories; 8.9 0.8 7.7 24 904 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1