Citrus Carne Asada Marinade
Ingredients1 d 25 m servings 158 cals
- Combine onion, soy sauce, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, cilantro, chili powder, garlic, cumin, oregano, coriander, hot sauce, chipotle pepper, black pepper, and sugar in a 1-gallon plastic zip-top bag. Add steak and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator, turning and massaging meat frequently, for up to 24 hours.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add steak and marinade. Cook steak until medium-rare to medium, 4 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130 to 140 degrees F (54 to 60 degrees C).
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute flank steak for skirt steak if you like.
- If using light soy sauce, measure out 1/2 cup.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 158 calories; 8.1 g fat; 6.8 g carbohydrates; 15.2 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 521 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is my recipe, and I generally marinate at least 4 lbs. of steak (usually skirt steak) at a time and double the marinade ingredients. One thing that should be mentioned is that the silver s...
This is awesome. Once I got to marinade mixed up, I wanted to drink it. The aroma is mouthwatering. The next time, I will add more onion, though. One medium onion simply wasn’t enough. I used ha...