Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 454 cals
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Cream nonfat cream cheese, 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons butter, and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add salt and vanilla extract and beat the mixture well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Gradually add flour, one cup at a time, beating until just incorporated into the batter. Add strawberries after the last cup of flour and beat for a few seconds. Finish mixing with spatula if you need to.
- Pour batter into the prepared Bundt(R) pan. Lightly sprinkle the top of the batter with the vanilla sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in the pan. Invert carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- Cook's Note:
- I say "muddle" the strawberries because I literally used my muddler to almost puree some of them, while still having some chunks in place. You could puree them completely for no chunks or leave them chunkier if you desire. This is a matter of texture and up to you.
Per Serving: 454 calories; 19.2 g fat; 61.9 g carbohydrates; 9.5 g protein; 137 mg cholesterol; 445 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made this Strawberry Pound Cake for a dinner party tonight. All the guest raved about it. I will make again. Also, may try other seasonal fruits. Thinking fresh cherries would also be good.
I followed this recipe as is. The cake itself is lovely. It’s dense and mildly sweet. I love the flavor the cream cheese adds. I did have to bake it an additional 10 minutes to get it cooked th...