Apricot Lemon Verbena Jam
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 h 35 m servings 1068
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 jars)
- Finely chop apricots.
- Combine sugar and lemon verbena leaves in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until the leaves are fully incorporated in the sugar (the sugar will become light green).
- Combine sugar-lemon verbena mixture and apricots in a large bowl. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Inspect 4 jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until jam is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Transfer apricot-sugar mixture to a large pot and stir in pectin. Slowly bring to a full rolling boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Ladle apricot jam into the prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any spills. Top with lids and tightly screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart. Let rest for 24 hours without moving the jars. Gently press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
You might also like
Per Serving: 1068 calories; 1.7 269.9 6 0 5 Full nutrition