Boozy Apricot Jam
made it | 0 reviews |
"The apricots for this jam should be fully ripe and juicy. For booze, you can either use apricot liqueur or apricot brandy, which will make the jam a tad less sweet than with liqueur. It is important to add the alcohol at the very end, otherwise it will evaporate during cooking."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 35 m servings 44 cals
Original recipe yields 144 servings (9 half-pint jars)
- Inspect 9 half-pint jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until jam is ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Finely chop apricots and measure; you should have 5 cups prepared fruit. Transfer apricots to a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in pectin and slowly bring mixture to a full rolling boil. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Return to a full rolling boil over high heat and boil for exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Skim off any foam with a ladle or a large spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the apricot brandy.
- Pack apricot jam into the prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Run a clean knife or thin spatula around the insides of the jars to remove any air bubbles. Wipe rims with a moist paper towel to remove any spills. Top with lids and tightly screw on rings.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Bring to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water using a holder. Pour in more boiling water to cover jars by at least 1 inch. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, and process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart. Let rest for 24 hours without moving the jars. Gently press the center of each lid with a finger to ensure the lid does not move up or down. Remove the rings for storage and store in a cool, dark area.
- Cook's Note:
- This jam recipe makes about 9 cups of jam, so depending on your jar sizes, you will need 4 or 5 jars.
Per Serving: 44 calories; 0 g fat; 10.9 g carbohydrates; 0.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; < 1 mg sodium. Full nutrition