Spicy Watermelon Margarita
6 made it | 0 reviews |
"The sour formula is the root of many cocktails, including margaritas and mules, perhaps because it's so easy to remember and so simple to adapt. All you need: 1 part sweet, 1 part sour, and 2 parts alcohol."
Featured in Allrecipes Magazine — Subscribe!
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 m servings 382
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 drink)
- Puree watermelon in a blender. Wipe the rim of a margarita glass with a lime wedge; dip rim in salt.
- In a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice, add tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, jalapeno, and 2 ounces of the watermelon puree. Shake until very cold.
- Strain into prepared glass. Garnish with watermelon wedge and jalapeno slice.
- Cook's Notes:
- Instead of salt, you can also use coarse white decorating sugar for rimming.
- Reserve remaining puree for up to 4 more cocktails.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of watermelon puree. The actual amount of watermelon consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 382 calories; 1.1 63.7 4.2 0 417 Full nutrition