Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 319
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cut the top off of the head of garlic and place in a shallow dish in 1 inch of water. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with basil, cover and place on a baking sheet. Halve and seed the bell pepper, drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake garlic and pepper in preheated oven until pepper is browned and garlic is soft, 20 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and, when cool enough to handle, remove skin from pepper and chop. Squeeze out garlic cloves and mash together in a bowl to form a paste.
- While garlic and pepper are baking, combine lentils and chicken broth in a large pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes, until lentils are just tender.
- Stir garlic paste, bell pepper, carrots, onion, asparagus, peas into lentil mixture, adding more broth to thin if necessary. Season with sugar, marmalade, curry powder, saffron, salt and pepper. Simmer 30 minutes more, until vegetables are tender and flavors are well blended.
Per Serving: 319 calories; 6.6 50.8 17 6 1367 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Sooooper-nummy! I was thrilled to find a recipe with lentils and curry... I was tempted to make it vegetarian (for my BF's sake), but instead relented and added 2 breasts of chicken. This is t...
This came out pretty well, I used prepared lentils which cut down the time spent cooking. I also used a lot more curry and I think it might have over shadowed the other flavors too much. The tim...
I never thought I would like lentils but this is wonderful. It does get thick. You can thin it or just leave it alone. I like it thick.