Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 407
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 cupcakes)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla extract. Add the flour mixer and milk alternately. Fill liners 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 23 minutes.
- Bring a pan of water to simmer. Combine sugar, egg whites, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Place bowl on top of the pan; whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Attach bowl to the stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Beat until stiff peaks form and mixture is cool and glossy. Add butter a few tablespoons at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix until buttercream is smooth.
- Cool cupcakes in the tins for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool, about 20 minutes. Frost cupcakes with the buttercream.
Per Serving: 407 calories; 28.1 35.7 4.1 103 343 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
not terribly sweet, which is nice. I did NOT use the icing recipe here - I used a lemon butter icing.