Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 163
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, serrano peppers, and cilantro in a bowl. Add 1 teaspoon salt and squeeze 1 lime. Gently mix and set aside.
- Squeeze the remaining limes into another bowl. Add remaining salt and pepper.
- Bring a 1- to 2-quart pot of water to a boil. Place shrimp into the boiling water for 45 seconds. Quickly remove from the water using a strainer.
- Chop the partially cooked shrimp into small pieces and add to the bowl with the seasoned lime mixture. Let sit for 20 minutes. Combine with the cucumber mixture and top with avocados.
- Cook's Note:
- Unlike fish ceviche recipes, shrimp should not marinade in lime/lemon juice for hours. The poaching technique will give the shrimp a stable texture and also minimize the risks associated with consuming raw seafood.
Per Serving: 163 calories; 7.1 19 11.7 86 981 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1