"Growing up in Upstate NY, this is a classic spiedies marinade for any form of meat (I prefer chicken, though lamb is the traditional) from Binghampton/Endicott area. Here is my personal take that I have switched up some adding ingredients from my time in the South and PacNW. Serve skewers on lightly toasted French bread or a hot dog bun. To eat, squeeze the roll and pull the skewer out - shouldn't need condiments (maybe a touch of hot sauce)."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 d 20 m servings 226
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 skewers)
- Combine oil, wine, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, tarragon, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Stir in onion and garlic. Add chicken cubes last; coat thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a resealable freezer bag, making sure there is as little air as possible in the bag. Wrap bag in a paper towel and slide it into another resealable bag so that the zippers are at opposite ends. Refrigerate, flipping over every 12 hours, for 2 to 3 days.
- Soak wooden skewers in water. Thread the chicken cubes through the skewers, discarding marinade.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill the chicken skewers, flipping halfway, until juices run clear, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe works for up to 3 chicken breasts.
- If you cannot grill, then broil in the oven 3 to 6 inches from heat source on high (you want just the slightest crisp to the meat).
Per Serving: 226 calories; 19 4.7 8.3 20 899 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1