Savory Tortas de Aceite
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 216
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 tortas)
- Stir 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, olive oil, and yeast together in a bowl. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly oil 2 large baking sheets.
- Mix flour, thyme, rosemary, and salt together in a separate bowl. Make a well in the center and slowly pour in the yeast mixture, stirring gradually using a fork. Knead gently by hand until a smooth dough forms, 2 to 3 minutes. Add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time if dough is sticky. Let rest in a warm place for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface and a rolling pin. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces; shape each into a ball. Roll out each ball into a 6-inch circle. Place 4 tortas on each baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 7 minutes. Flip tortas over and bake until golden brown, 6 to 7 minutes more. Watch closely towards the end to ensure that they don't burn. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use other herbs and spices - for example, 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil plus 1 tablespoon garlic powder works well. Note that I use salt sparingly, so if your preference is for something saltier you may want to add more.
Per Serving: 216 calories; 14.3 18.6 2.8 0 112 Full nutrition