The Best Chocolate Souffle Torte
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 567
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Cut a square piece of parchment paper that is larger than the springform pan. Set it on the bottom of the springform pan and secure the ring on top; the paper will extend outside of the springform pan, which makes it easier to remove the torte after baking. Grease the sides of the springform pan.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Allow to cool lightly.
- Beat egg yolks and 1/2 the sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until light and foamy, about 5 minutes. It is important to beat a lot of air into the egg yolks, so they almost triple in volume.
- Fold lightly cooled chocolate mixture into the egg yolk mixture using a spatula.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until foamy using the electric mixer on medium speed. Gradually add remaining sugar and salt, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Stir 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate batter to thin it out. Then carefully fold in the remaining egg whites using a spatula. Immediately transfer batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until torte is no longer glossy, 30 to 40 minutes. Be careful not to bake too long, otherwise it will get dry.
- Cool on a wire rack until completely cool. Unmold carefully, since the torte breaks easily.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I prefer the large parchment paper method, but you can also cut out a circle for the bottom and a thin strip for the sides and neatly line the springform pan that way.
Per Serving: 567 calories; 37.7 52.6 8.4 211 86 Full nutrition