Naked Vanilla Cake with Mascarpone and Berries
5 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 453
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 6-inch cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and sugar in a bowl and beat using an electric mixer until creamy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually sift in flour and continue mixing until batter is smooth. Add vanilla extract and whisk for an additional 2 minutes. Divide batter between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a table knife around the edges to loosen. Invert carefully onto a serving plate or cooling rack. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- While cake is cooking beat cream, mascarpone cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth, creamy, and thick. Cover bowl and refrigerate filling until cake is ready for decorating.
- Once cakes are cooled completely, carefully cut each in half horizontally to create 4 layers. Set aside a handful of raspberries and blackberries for garnish. Mix remaining raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries together in a bowl.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving platter and cover with 1/3 of the mascarpone cream. Sprinkle 1/3 of the berries on top. Add the next cake layer and top with 1/3 of the mascarpone cream and 1/3 of the berries; repeat with remaining 2 layers, mascarpone cream, and berries. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and reserved blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Dust cake top with confectioners' sugar.
Per Serving: 453 calories; 26 48.9 7 162 347 Full nutrition