Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 289 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 oatcakes)
- Bring oats and heavy cream to a simmer in a pot over medium-high heat. Stir and cook for 1 minute and turn off the heat. Let cool down to room temperature, at least 10 minutes. Watch Now
- Transfer oat mixture into a bowl. Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Drizzle in honey and crack in an egg. Add salt and baking soda. Mix thoroughly with a spatula. Stir in flour until no dry spots remain. Cover and let rest for at least 1 hour. Watch Now
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Scoop spoonfuls of the oat mixture into the hot skillet and flatten to your desired thickness. Cook until browned and tops spring back when touched, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Watch Now
- Chef's Notes:
- I used the regular rolled oats, but if you have to use the instant ones, I probably wouldn't cook them. I'd just mix them with the cream, and let it sit until the mixture thickened up. By the way, this is just a theory, as I haven't attempted this switch.
- If you don't have self-rising flour, just add 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, plus 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and an extra pinch of salt.
- Feel free to cook the oat mixture immediately or refrigerate it overnight before cooking. The longer you wait, the creamier the insides of the oatcakes will be.
Per Serving: 289 calories; 24.1 g fat; 15.2 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; 106 mg cholesterol; 291 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1