Ayam Penyet Pedas (Indonesian Spicy Penyet Chicken)
made it | 0 reviews |
"Ayam Penyet (Penyet Chicken) is an incredibly spicy Indonesian dish that will make your tongue feel like burning... you will need to go to a special Asian grocery store to get some of the ingredients."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 558 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Combine garlic, 1 shallot, ginger, galangal, coriander, and 1 1/2 teaspoon salt in a mortar and pestle; pound into a paste.
- Combine chicken with the garlic paste, water, and salam leaves in a pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet. Once the chicken is fully boiled, fry the chicken in the skillet until it's golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes.
- For the sambal (chili sauce) heat 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook remaining 2 shallots, tomato, and red chiles for 2 minutes. Move to a mortar and pestle and add lime juice, shrimp paste, 1/2 teaspoon salt, sugar, and lemon basil. Pound everything into a paste.
- Place the sambal (chile sauce) at the bottom of a serving plate and place the chicken on top of the dish.
Per Serving: 558 calories; 27.1 g fat; 45.5 g carbohydrates; 38.8 g protein; 107 mg cholesterol; 2459 mg sodium. Full nutrition