Authentic Oxtail Pho
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 25 m servings 566
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Bring water and oxtail to a boil in a pot. Skim the foam and oil off the surface. Add 1 onion, fish sauce, star anise, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in pho flavor paste; cover loosely with a lid. Reduce heat and simmer broth for at least 6 hours.
- Cut the remaining onion in half and slice very thinly. Place in a bowl with scallions and cilantro.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and rinse. Cover with warm water and let soak for 1 hour.
- Drop meatballs into the soup 20 minutes before broth is done.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Drain noodles and dip into the boiling water for 30 seconds. Transfer noodles into 8 large bowls.
- Top each bowl with sliced sirloin. Ladle in broth, meatballs, and oxtail. Taste and season as needed. Squeeze 1 or 2 lime wedges into each bowl and mix in 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Top with the cilantro-onion mixture, bean sprouts, basil, and shallots.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use 1 large pack of oxtail or 2 small packages.
- You can find beef pho meatballs and crispy fried onions in most Asian stores.
Per Serving: 566 calories; 18.3 69.7 30.4 92 744 Full nutrition